THE SHOW BIZ RULES
1. You are not a failure until you quit.
2. Better a has-been than a never-was.
3. Always carry your wallet onstage.
4. Never work with children or animals.
5. Remember no matter who you are you will never be considered a normal human. Boarding houses during vaudeville had signs: NO SHOW PEOPLE NO ANIMALS NO NEGROES And show people were always FIRST.
6. Forget respect from parents or family until you buy a house (rule Pre-2008).
7. Better your audience boo than yawn.
8. We are all circus people and we are all in the psych book somewh ere.