Monday, April 9, 2012

4456...Do Alcoholics Get A Discount On Booze

One would think by virtue of volume.

You know what I mean.

What brings this up is a story I read in the Melbourne Herald Sun:

Outrage over Alcoholics Anonymous decision to serve alcohol at its Melbourne conference gala dinner
Lucie van den Berg From: Herald Sun April 06, 2012 2:55PM 8 COMMENTS
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email
Share

ALCOHOLICS Anonymous has been slammed for its decision to serve booze at its national conference gala dinner in Melbourne this weekend.

Victorian members have spoken out in disgust that alcohol will be for sale tomorrow night.

A source said that many AA members in Victoria thought it would not only put vulnerable new members at risk, it also went against the principles of the organisation.



I love it.

The other thing I find odd about AA, and yes I have been at the meetings, the free coffee has appeal, is the fact that at some of them they demand you wear a name tag.

Uh, that makes me un anonymous, no?

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment