Thursday, April 5, 2012

4442...Trayvon Martin Meet Torii Hunter

Shades of Trayvon Martin in this TMZ report via Bleacher Report on what happened to Torii Hunter yesterday.

BTW for those of you who don't know, Mr. Hunter is a baseball star for the oddly named Anaheim Angels of Orange County California Who Are Also Close To Los Angeles. Something like that; they keep changing it up. Seasoned fans like moi jus' call them the Angels.

Anyhow, le cut, le paste.

Los Angeles Angels stud Torii Hunter was staring down the barrel of a loaded firearm yesterday ... when cops raced to his mansion in Newport, CA ... and drew their weapons on the MLB star.

Hunter admits it's kind of his fault ... explaining on Twitter that he accidentally triggered the house alarm ... and 20 minutes later cops had arrived to the property to investigate the scene.

Hunter says he went outside to talk with the cops ... and, "They drew their guns on me."

But then Hunter suggested he was racially profiled ... tweeting, "They didn't believe I lived here in Newport Coast so they walked me upstairs at gunpoint to get my ID."

He continued, "When I showed him my ID, he said I'm an Angel fan hope u guys have a great season. ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!!! Lol."

One of Hunter's teammates chimed in with a tweet that read, "That's racist."

Hunter responded, "lol ... Now you know I can't say that."

A short time later, Hunter changed his tune ... tweeting, "Hey Twitterland! I'm not upset that the cops did their job today. I'm actually glad they were protecting home."

He added, "It was my fault that the alarm went off anyways. I just thought it was cool to let u guys know my awkward moment for today. The cops that were here today had there guns drawn but pointed downward in for safety. Those guys handled the situation like trained cops."


Move along now, nothing to see.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment