Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4500...Stephen Harper Sorta Gets It

This is a good thing.

I didn't vote for him and when I go to hipster bars I always make sure to wear my Stop Harper button but...

If this quote in Dan Gardner's Ottawa Citizen piece is to be believed he might be getting it:

On the weekend, at the Summit of the Americas, Prime Minister Stephen Harper expressed doubt about the war on drugs. "I think what everybody believes and agrees with, and to be frank myself, is that the current approach is not working, but it is not clear what we should do."


This summit was in Columbia and it was all about drugs which are just ripping the middle of the western hemisphere apart.

A point that Mr. Gardner makes is so true. In the last 30, really make that 40 Mr. G, years of the war on drugs the drugs, coke, pot, whatever have both got better and cheaper. There are a lot of products that are better than they were 40 years ago but very few of them are cheaper, dollar for dollar, than they were back in the day.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment