Friday, April 6, 2012

4445...They Are Going To Fire Don Cherry

Sure they are, that plays well with the chattering classes who are the people that the people who run the CBC chill with.

Thing is at 800K a year Don Cherry is the lowest paid employee at CBC TV, not the highest. That is if you factor the return the Mother Corp gets on its investment.

Problem with Mr. Cherry is, of course, that he is an echo of what a large chunk of Canadians are like and the CBC doesn't want that. The CBC wants to reflect a stylized version of Our Home And Native Land: Point Grey, Tuxedo, The Glebe. Not Tim Hortons.

WFDS

2 comments:

  1. I am a 75 year old grandmother who lives in an isolated community in the north and was raised on a farm in Alberta. I am not from Point Grey. But I do greatly dislike the suggestion that all Canadians want stupid content in the media. I have listened to the CBC for all my life and I resent the gradual dumbing down that has occured. Even I, a farmer's daughter from Alberta enjoyed the occasional hit of classical music from the Roy Thompson Hall. Even I, a framer's daughter from Alberta, think Don Cherry represents the worst face of Canada. You don't know your country very well if you think everyone loves him. I want something better for me, my children and my grandchildren (who also don't live in Point Grey and probably never will) than pure ignorance in my media. And the dumbing down of Canada. My father-in-law who went to school in the early 1920s in Chinook Alberta studied the Iliad. I know that because I have his copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with your comment. Don Cheery is an idiot a moron and a dinosaur. He is mos responsible for the entire smash em rock em sock em philosophy that is poisoning hockey today. Everything about his persona is insulting to any Canadian with a smidgen of intelligence. I also believe that the majority of Canadians have finally seen the light and want this loudmouth jackass to retire or be fired. Wake up CBC- We don't want this jerk spewing his venom on HNIC any more. Fire his ass!

    ReplyDelete