Saturday, February 11, 2012

4202...Michael Moore: Happy Anniversary

It is the BMI challenged auteur's 25th anniversary.

Michael Moore slipped me an email today telling that "On this day 25 years ago, in 1987, I became a filmmaker. It was around ten in the morning and the first-ever roll of Kodak 16mm film for my first-ever movie was loaded into my friend's camera to shoot the very first scene of 'Roger & Me.'"

Although Mr. Moore is often fact challenged he truly is both entertaining and provocative and is one of the few film makers to reflect the wants and needs of the middle and lower middle class in America.

As best I can figure no one here in Oh Canada!, at least the ROC, even bothers to show regular folks as regular folks so, even though I find him [and Morgan Spurlock and Roseanne Barr and Norman Lear] a bit off the mark in reflecting the way most of us non elites live, at least he is out there.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment