Thursday, February 23, 2012

4258...Retraction/Apology/Mea Culpa

In Post 4249...Fashion Week Ottawa Includes Blackface I made a mistake and wish to apologize for such.

In that Post I accused Isobel Walker of frAsh of going with Blackface during Fashion Week In Ottawa. I misread the article in the Ottawa Citizen and apologize for insinuating in any way that Ms. Walker or frAsh used Blackface.

Montreal designer Andy Nguyen was the individual that used Blackface.

My sincerest apologies to Ms. Walker for my error.


4249...Fashion Week Ottawa Includes Blackface
I know, how funny is that, Fashion Week In Ottawa, the words just roll off the tongue.

To be certain Ottawa is not even the fashion capital of the capital, Gatineau is.

And Fashion Week In Ottawa was only three days long. Nonetheless they had a media reception with an open bar and I try to hit as many of those as I can.

Still it was what it was and what it was was stupid.

If you don't believe me go to capitaloh.blogspot.com and check out the photos.

The lack of talent in the fashion industry in Ottawa is the reason there is no fashion industry in Ottawa.

The lack of sense is why designer Isobel Walker of frAsh decided to go with the Blackface look. You know, like in Birth of A Nation, a 1916 movie.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/6175503.bin?size=620x400s

For the picture.

No word on whom lit the cross for the big finale.

WFDS


WFDS

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the correction.

    --Isobel Walker--
    www.frAsh.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isobel, Thank you for not using blackface to show your wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete