Sunday, April 18, 2010

2133...I Thought Hockey Was Our National Sport

So, I am in the captial of, Ottawa, a city that is about a third francophone by the way, it is Saturday night and I decide to twofer it.

May be even fourfer it.

I decide to visit my dear mom, she's 81 you know, and show her some love by doing my laundry there and eating her food.

While she is watching Daniel O'Donnell on the telly upstairs I repair to the LCD in the basement to watch a little HNIC on CBC. It's Saturday night, it is Canada and the Habs are playing the Capitals in the playoffs.

And the CBC is showing...curling.

Curling.

Oy freaking vey.

And coz mom has ghetto cable, doesn't get as high as the sports channels no hockey.

Still, no worry, on the way home I will check out the scores on our local Senators station, The Team 1200.

No such luck.

The bean counters at CHUM have decided that instead of paying some local chucklehead twelve bucks an hour to talk hockey they will bring in an NBA themed talkshow from FOX Sports.

Would someone please tell Ian Morrison that this is why local TV and Radio is failing in this country.

Curling over hockey; NBA talk over hockey talk.

Oy vey, oy very vey.

WFDS

1 comment:

  1. Hockey was on - started at 10 p.m. There was an earlier game in the afternoon too.

    ReplyDelete