Friday, April 16, 2010

2121...WTF At The U Of Zero

I have written previously about the coach of the University of Ottawa Gee Gees, David Deaveiro. Specifically I have written about how I loved watching him snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, especially when playing against cross town rivals Carleton.

I am a pure fan and I had a love/hate relationship with the coach: I loved to hate him. Still I am a big enough man to give credit where credit is due. When Coach Deaveiro took over the Gee Gees they were a mess; even though he could not get them over the hump he has turned them into a perennial top ten team in Canada and kudos for that for true.

Therefore it is sad to have to inform that Coach Deaveiro sent out an email to his contacts yesterday announcing his resignation. The dude is pretty young, like forty years old, and still has a lot of miles on the odometer and, my love of hating him aside, was not too shabby coaching the Gee Gees.

He doesn't say in his missive where he is going; rumours earlier in the year were that he was going to York University but that job was filled last week. Nonetheless one may be rest assured that where ever Coach D goes winning will follow.

Best wishes.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment