Sunday, April 25, 2010

2171...Maxime Bernier On The House

I am sure this is podcast somewhere or on Surf or your cousin taped it but the gist is that he is back.

The deal in politics, as in life, is those or forget their mistakes tend to repeat them.

Maxime Bernier is determined not to make the same mistakes he made in the past.

He told Kathleen Petty of CBC One's The House that "...when you're in politics, I think, personally, you don't have a private life. Second, I learned that I have to be more prudent in life, and since that time, I'm more prudent. I don't have any documents and I'm not... But, jokes apart, you know, in life, when you have an event like that, I think it's because you're able to pass through that. And, at that time, I thought maybe I will resign as an MP, and I decided 'Okay, what I did, it's a big mistake, but life is not finished; go ahead.'"

This guy is becoming scary good.

Bear in mind that the Conservative MP for the Beauce is acting a lot like American elected officials; he is showing a level of prudent independence rarely seen in the heavily disciplined world of Canuck politics and that is both admirable and refreshing.

WFDS

1 comment:

  1. Max talks a good game on fiscal prudence now but I missed his votes against the 55 billion federal deficit or ownership in car companies.

    Flip flop, IHOP has found its new short order cook...who happens to tell tall tales.

    ReplyDelete