Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1565...Is Quebec Even On Planet Earth?

Don't get me wrong, I love La Belle: the beer is cheap, you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting a strip joint and you can BYOB to lots of great restaurants. But sometimes I have to wonder, wtf, as in W T F.

Check this from 800CJAD in Montreal. A Quebec psychiatrist is promoting the health benefits of smoking. Not just any shrink either, it is Dr. Jean-Jacques Bourque, the former president of the Psychiatric Association of Quebec.

A smoker himself, imagine, a doctor smoking, in Quebec of all places, he points to the therapeutic benefits of smoking, calling it a stress reliever for the depressed and anxious. As for actual health benefits, he cites the fact smokers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer's and Parkinsons disease.

Of course the big factor in preventing both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's is dying which is what is tobacco's best attribute.

Beauty, eh?

WFDS

1 comment:

  1. Sure, its bad for you. But I loved it. I quit more than ten years ago, but I've promised myself that I can start again in another 25 years at 75 if I want.

    ReplyDelete