Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1561...More Mayor Stuff From Ottawa

I don't know if this is a joke or not but MetroNews posted the following story around 4 32 this afternoon:

The Ottawa Senators’ goal announcer may soon be announcing a goal of his own: his candidacy for mayor of Ottawa.

Stu Schwartz, better known to city residents as Stuntman Stu, announced via his Facebook profile Tuesday morning that if he reaches 20,000 supporters on the social networking site, he will officially announce his candidacy for mayor in the upcoming elections.

Just don’t ask him what his platforms for election are.

“It’s very early in the campaign for me to even start thinking about a platform,” said Schwartz, a Montreal native. “I am promising to listen to the people of Ottawa. You can’t promise until you get in there, because as we’ve already seen, the moment you start promising things, you’re just going to let people down.”

While he admitted to having “zero political experience,” Schwartz said that there are “a lot of people with a lot of political experience there now, and nothing seems to be getting done.

Outside of this smoking bylaw, how many major things have actually happened in this town? I can’t promise that a radio DJ will come in and fix sewage and this problem and that problem, but I can promise to listen.”


WFDS

2 comments:

  1. Don't for Mr. Shields that you absolutely guaranteed that O'Brian would be the winner of the next election, as though god had decreed it. You still standing by this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will stand behind what I said with a clarification that I believe I made previously: if it is O'Brien versus one candidate, he gets beat. But if it is the Mayor versus 2 or more credible opponents, he is in like Flynn.

    WFDS

    ReplyDelete