Tuesday, September 15, 2009

863...Take Back The Night

Never too soon to promote a great event. Take Back The Night is an annual march by women [womyn] in Ottawa who Take Back The Night.

This years event, the 31st if my arithmetic is correct [the first one was in 1978] which is centred around the women's monument on Elgin and The Well, a woman's drop in centre at the corner of Somerset and Elgin, takes place next Thursday, the 24th of September.

Concillia Muonde, public education coordinator for The Sexual Assault Support Centre in Ottawa will join me in studio tomorrow from six to seven in the morning, 93.1CKCU, to talk about this great event.

WFDS

3 comments:

  1. Will the left wing fringe group pink t-shirts be ready by then? :-) They would look great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Womyn?!... ok, I think I get it: I guess that is a female liberation/politically correct form of spelling 'women' without the 'men' part... 1)political correctness is weak, dishonest and just wrong and 2)as a (straight) woman, even that takes women's lib. just a little too far! It's just a word and how one interprets it is all mind over matter.
    W-O-M-E-N that is just how it's spelled, nothing to read into! The 'womYn' spelling is sooo gay, no pun intended but I suppose it'll look intended to some... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are going to be T shirts? P I N K tees?

    P I N K is my fave colour!!!

    I hope they are ready.

    WFDS

    ReplyDelete