Saturday, June 20, 2009

342...Hockey, Champagne And Burritos

I know, it is less than a week before St. Jean Baptiste Day, 30 degrees in the shade and then quickly comes Canada Day and the 4th of July followed by the Glorious 12th and I am writing about hockey.

An' I don't even like hockey.

But I am Canuckistanian and I do like burritos so, here goes.

From thecheapseats.ca comes a piece that states that "...Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma had a routine he followed...stopping by his local Qdoba Mexican Grill...for a BBQ pork burrito...Qdoba was smart enough to cash in on the craze to the tune of a 20 percent sales increase...a Facebook page was created...local news crews were covering the coach's ritual. There were even Twitter Tweet-ups, where fans would go watch Bylsma and his burrito in-person."

To keep the mojo going Qdoba had a burrito packed on ice and shipped to Detroit for Game 7.

Lord Stanley subsequently moved back to Pittsburgh.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment