Wednesday, June 24, 2009

367...Hitting The Buffet, Hard, Extends Life

I knew I was doing the right thing and now a report in the online journal Obesity supports my high caloric intake.

Mark Kaplan, a co-author of the study and a professor of Community Health at Portland State University, said in a release yesterday that people who are severely underweight and circus fat do not live as long as those of us, me in particular, that have a slightly elevated BMI [Body Mass Index], to wit, people who were slightly overweight [BMI 25 to less than 30] had 0.83 times lower risk of death compared with normal weight people.

Let's face it, if I get lost in the forest with some skinny dude, who is going to last longer?

Exactly.

Unless, of course, he decides to kill me and eat me.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment