Tuesday, June 23, 2009

363...My Friend Steps Down

Personal friend of mine Penny Collenette has decided to not re seek the nomination for Ottawa Centre federally. This is being reported in the Ottawa Citizen online as we speak but I was aware of this, thanks to my sources [no I am not turning into Bourque!!!; that is how he spells his name, now, no?] around 2 pm this afternoon.

Mrs. Collenette was a brilliant candidate and would have continued to be such. Although displacing the heir to Ed Broadbent, Paul Dewar, the New Democrat representing Ottawa Centre on The Hill, if anyone was working hard enough to pull it off it was Penny.

She ain't dead though and said that she told the next Prime Minister of Canada, Mikey I. that "...he's not losing a candidate, he is gaining a fundraiser."

The only sad part of this story is that her husband, David Collenette, remains a Toronto Maple Leaf fan.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment