Friday, June 26, 2009

379...Conservatives And Crimes They Do

I bet Progressive Conservative MLA Mike Currie, Prince Edward Island, is glad that mandatory sentencing is not in effect on this very date.

The Guardian reports that Mr. Currie plead guilty this morning to assault.

Here is the dealy deal. On May 6 in front of Province House in Charlottetown when Mr. Currie have grabbed Rob McEachern of Priest Pond in the face and the chest after Mr. McEachern asked whether Mr. Currie’s wife had benefited from the Provincial Nominee Program. I.E. Are you or your wife crooks was the question?

His integrity questioned, his wife insulted, Mr. Currie went off.

It happens.

“I walked over to Mr. McEachern and I pushed him. Rather than take a deep breath and brush it off, I reacted out of emotion and in doing so I made a mistake.”

It happens.

No need to send him to jail and, whew, because there is no mandatory sentence outlined, at least not at this time, Mr. Currie, an upstanding citizen, Member of the Legislative Assembly, is going to most likely get some sort of discharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment