Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4787...Rob Ford Pride Update

The Toronto mayor is in the news yet again for blowing off the Gay Pride Parade in the Big Smoke.

Um, like, uh, he does this every year eh?  It's on Canada Day this year [may be every year; one thing I don't like about Pride is that there is not a fixed date like Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day...] and he ain't going.

Rosie DiManno in this morning's Toronto Star says that "Mayor Rob Ford's pass on Pride simply dumb."  The WFDS says that it is not.

Look I know a gazillion people go to the parade but the only people at the parade that are going to be voting for Hizzoner come election day are the cops guarding the damn thing.

I realize that the chattering classes in Toronto think that they have this delightful and inclusive city that just wants to hug everyone.  Well they don't.  And the non huggers vote for Rob Ford.  Y'all gotta keep in mind that Toronto is just Peterborough with bigger buildings.

WFDS

3 comments:

  1. Well Dan, since you "guaranteed" over and over with bright and brimming confidence that O'Brian would win reelection here in Ottawa, I am going to take you musings on who will vote and how in the next Toronto election with a large pinch of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I thought I said Larry O was going to win his court case, which he did. I am too lazy [give me points for that; most lazy people say they are too busy] to back check what I said.

    For the record I voted for our boy mayor, Jimmy Watson.

    WFDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you also said he would win his court case, but I recall very distinctly our discourse on his ree,lection bid and you assured me he would win handily.

    But then I have lost count of the number of times I have been wrong when it comes to predicting political events so what can I say.

    Just a little good-natured ribbing but we are all in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete