Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1708...Stop Your B*tching Or We Will Bar You

You better watch your mouth at Timmy's or what happened to Jimmy Craig, a paramedic in the southwestern New Brunswick border town of St. Andrews, could happen to you.

Mr. Craig told the CBC that he's been barred from two Tim Hortons restaurants after he complained three times about the decaffeinated coffee tasting burnt.

Let's let the fact that drinking decaf is pointless, absurd and makes no sense aside and ask what in the name of Maxwell House is Tim Horton's trying to do here?

When I first read it, I have to tell you, I was thinking may be Mr. Craig was a skid or an cranky senior citizen. No, he is a paramedic in a small town. Tell you what, if I was working at a Tim's in a town of no thousand people and the paramedic, and Lord knows he could be the paramedic, is complaining about the taste of his hot brown water, I would get him another, no charge and throw in a bear claw or a muffin.

I wouldn't bar him.

Or partially bar him as Tim Horton's has.

Mr. Craig is allowed to enter the Tim Hortons outlets in St. Andrews and nearby St. Stephen only if he is on the job as a paramedic. He has said he is seeking legal advice to reverse the ban.

WFDS

3 comments:

  1. The guy sounds like a weirdo. I'd bar him too if he were acting all bizarre in my restaurant over a period of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOP for Horton's. About ten years ago they realized that the coffee zombies were so loyal that they could ignore customer services issue. Trust me, I know: I complained to about a location. Head office didn't even bother returning calls. I was told later by an insider that the franchisees rule the roost and there is pretty much no control over their CS actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, are paramedics sacred cows or something?

    ReplyDelete