Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1530...My Dating Site Booted Me Off

I heard about this on CKCU, saw a story about it on Global and read about it in the Ottawa Citizen but I never thought it would happen to me.

What it is is what happened to me, the World Famous Dan Shields who, btw, is, sorry was booted off the website www.BeautifulPeople.com. Sadness.

According to the news in the paper I am not alone. 5,000 of my (formerly) beautiful peers have been booted off for gaining weight over the holidays, with 533 fellow Canadians among the festive fatties shown the virtual door.

I am crushed, not only for myself but for my home and native land. Per capita we far exceed the Yanks, who had a tad over 1,500 booted off the site and the Brits, 800 plus, in part, says managing director Greg Hodge of Beautiful People because "It's the eating, the drinking, the sitting on the couch watching TV — that entire culture. Canada also has the added excuse of it being extremely cold, so people are wearing baggy clothes and don't mind letting themselves go a bit over the winter months."

He forgot butter tarts, poutine and the best beer on the planet.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment