Tuesday, March 3, 2009

18...Josh Wright or Not?

Hey, I am not obsessed with sports, I really am not but I am obsessed with college basketball, hugely obsessed, both domestic and the NCAA.

Ottawa U is playing Carleton tomorrow night, 3 versus 1 at 1's home, Carleton's Alumni Hall and it is a huge game for number 3. They win and they are going to Kanata for the CIS Nationals later this month; lose and they are on a slippery slope that may end up with them at home, on the couch, next to me, watching the games on The Score.

Ottawa U is like 2 and 22 last bunch of games against the Ravens. I ain't exaggerating, in fact their record may not be that strong. And, to make it worse, they really haven't been destroyed, they have just got beat by the little things.

So I have some advice for their coach. He has a new player, a fourth year guy from Utica, New York, number 9 high school guard in the country coming out a few years back, name of Josh Wright. The man ran the show at Syracuse year before last, has played in a few big games, know what I mean Coach DeAveiro? Here is what I think, and I am merely a fan, you are a professional coach, but, then again, you are 2 and 22 last bunch so...here is what I say, leave him in, Mr. Wright, leave Mr. Wright in the whole damn game. He went off for like 28 points and six rebounds Saturday night and seemed to play only about 25 minutes; I am telling you, and as a Carleton fan I hope you don't listen, but I am telling you that if you leave him in for the whole game, let him do what he can do, you could wreck Carleton, wreck them.

Then again, I am not a professional coach so I could be wrong.

Nonetheless, you have to win this game brother or else it will be deja vu 2008 all over again.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment