Saturday, September 4, 2010

2831...My Mom Is In Hospital

Has been since July. The reason I mention that is that the fact that she has been in for the last six weeks has given me an opportunity to see the health care system from the inside.

You know, it is pretty good.

Even the food. She has developed a wicked Ensure habit.

But it could be a lot better.

The next Prime Minister of Canada hit the nail on the head when he said, in an article widely distributed in Our Home And Native Land, including The Ottawa Citizen, that "...Canadians would rather see their tax dollars spent on health care than 'prisons and planes.'"

Damn right, y'all, damn right.

WFDS

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, not sure about the food part (or the Ensure part), but the rest --- yep and yep. When I think of the astonishing amount of money being spent on dog whistle law-and-order issues that could be used for capital expeditures in the health care system, or even (God forbid) for ongoing education, I want to start throwing pointy objects. Trust me, you don't want a nurse trowing pointy objects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she recovers soon, Dan.

    I'm with torontoemerg, though. "Hospital food" is a bit of an oxymoron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she feels better soon.

    And yes, prisons and planes are not a priority.

    ReplyDelete