Thursday, June 30, 2011

3886...My Hero: Krista Erickson

A couple of nights ago on SUN TV the only hot woman on Canuckistanian TV Krista Erickson just went off on Margie Gillis who, and coz it isn't on TSN or RDS I didn't know this, is a superstar ballerina.

Anyhow, big ups to Miz Erickson for representing the masses of SUN TV viewers who think that money spent on twirlly dancing is wasted. One of them is Peter Worthington of the SUN newspaper group who today wrote that "I tend to agree with Erickson. If, as Gillis says, the average dancer gets $12,000 a year and needs public financing to survive, it basically means that taxpayers are subsidizing a hobby. If the public is unwilling to pay to see performers, perhaps the performers should be in some other line of work? As with artists who need Canada Council financing — if the public won’t buy their work, why should the taxpayer subsidize their hobby?"

I don't agree with either Mr. Worthington or Miz Erickson but I think it is fantastic that their point of view is out there.

Plus this was a pretty good twenty minutes for Miz Gillis; I never heard of her and I bet a lot of us never did either. But, I tell you, next time she comes to town she will, at minimum, be on my radar. Exposing phillistines like moi to dance canna be a bad t'ing, no?

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment