Thursday, February 17, 2011

3424...The Dominican Republic Citizen

It usta be called the Ottawa Citizen but is this era of farming out local jobs to third world countries it may as well be called the Dominican Republic Citizen.

What brings on this rant is the fact that my paper did not show up at work sooooooo I called circulation at the Ottawa Citizen and got a nice man in the DR.

This is the same paper that talks about how it is local, local, local.

I could be wrong but I believe there are people in Ottawa and Gatineau who are capable of answering the phone. In an area that has pretty high, I would say it is effectively twenty per cent, unemployment, one would think that the oldest media outlet in town would be trying to circulate the dollars it takes out of the community back into the community. One would be wrong.

This is sad.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment