Friday, February 11, 2011

3398...Mayor Bloomberg Of New York Tells Truth

In a speech to the Irish something or other society of New York City the Jewish Mayor of NYC implied, no said, that the Irish, and by Irish he means Irish Catholics, getting really drunk on St. Patrick's Day.

Let me tell you, full disclosure, that I am sitting in a tavern drinking Molson Export draft, while writing this. And I am as Irish as Paddy's pig.

This of course got some of my high faluting Irish brothers up in arms. The New York Daily News quotes one of the leaders of the community as saying:

"It was ill-advised to make a statement like that," said John Dunleavy, chairman of the St. Patrick's Day Parade committee. "The remarks are highly, highly offensive to any Irish person.

"I don't think he would say a joke like that to any other ethnic group. It was totally uncalled for and unbecoming of the mayor," Dunleavy added.


You, Mr. Dunleavy, are a twit. It has been said the Irish would rule the world if it wasn't for whiskey. May I add that our love for beer, wine, vodka, gin, bourbon, tequilla, port, kahlua, rum, among others, has also slowed us down.

WFDS

No comments:

Post a Comment